Out of an abundance of caution for public health, Montgomery County and the towns of Blacksburg and Christiansburg are continuing to urge residents to educate themselves regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and to follow best practices when it comes to preventing the illness and avoiding exposure.
The Blacksburg Recreation Center, Blacksburg Aquatic Center, Christiansburg Recreation Center and Christiansburg Aquatic Center will be closed to the public beginning March 15 through March 29, at a minimum.
- All Montgomery County Parks and Recreation, Blacksburg Parks and Recreation and Christiansburg Parks and Recreation community programs, fitness classes, senior programs, events, and youth and adult athletics will be canceled during this time.
- All swim meets, swim lessons, events and fitness programs at the Blacksburg Aquatic Center and Christiansburg Aquatic Center will be canceled during this time.
- All rentals at Montgomery County, Town of Blacksburg or Town of Christiansburg facilities, athletic fields and shelters are canceled. We will not be accepting rental requests during this time.
- Parks and trails in all three localities will remain open, but we encourage residents to recreate at their own risk and to practice social distancing and good hygiene.
- Citizens who planned on attending events and programs hosted by the three localities that required pre-registration or participation fees will be notified of the cancellation and will receive either a credit to their household account or a refund if the event or program will not be rescheduled.