About the Treasurer
Helen V. St.Clair has been appointed Treasurer
as of February 1, 2019 to fill the term ending December 31, 2019. She has worked in the office for 35 years, with 15 of those years as Chief Deputy.
As Treasurer, I will continue to lead the office with the trust and integrity that the citizens of Montgomery County deserve.
The Treasurer is responsible for the collection, safekeeping and disbursement of County funds, as well as pursuing the highest and safest investment returns in compliance with the Security for Public Funds Investment Act of the Commonwealth
of Virginia. Our office provides citizen friendly customer service where you can feel confident in finding someone who will listen and help.
Duties and Objectives
Billing/collection of -
- 78,000 real estate bills, billed in two installments
- Electronic billing of real estate taxes paid through mortgage escrows
- 68,000 personal property bills
- 38,000 motor vehicle license fees
- 3,900 dog licenses; 2,400 dog license notices
- Collection of revenue from other local, state and federal sources
- Collection of State Income and Estimated taxes
- 23,000 delinquent notices
- 32,000 Set-Off Debt claims filed
- 300 parcels in Judicial Sale process
Reconciliation of all depository bank accounts
Investment of County funds in compliance with the Security for Public Funds Investment Act
Disbursements of funds to pay for the operation of County government