Treasurer's Office - Pay in person or by phone
At the Treasurer's Office - Montgomery County Government Center, 755 Roanoke St., Suite 1B, Christiansburg VA, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. MasterCard, Visa credit and debit cards are accepted in the Treasurer's Office or by phone (540) 382-5723 with no additional service provider charge.
Pay by mail
Paymentus Corp. by phone or internet
Make check or money order payable to the Montgomery County Treasurer. If paying by MasterCard or Visa, complete and sign authorization form on tax remittance stub. Mail to: County of Montgomery - Treasurer, 755 Roanoke St., Suite 1B, Christiansburg, VA 24073-3171. Payments must be postmarked by the due date.
- Credit/Debit cards (including VISA, MasterCard and Discover) and eCheck may be used by calling 1-855-232-9045 or online.
- When prompted, enter the information requested. After authorization of your payment, a confirmation number is provided and should be kept for your records. A service fee will apply:
- Credit card: 2.35% of the payment amount
- Debit card: $2.95 flat fee per payment
- eCheck: $0.45 flat fee per payment
Montgomery County Government Center - 24-hour drop box
Check or money order can be dropped in the 24-hour Treasurer's Office drop box located at 755 Roanoke St. - Chinquapin Trail entrance. Tax payments are considered on time if they are deposited by midnight or postmarked on the due date. Please do not put cash in the drop box.